Excellerate Services are recruiting for:
Shopping Centre Cleaning Supervisor
We are actively investing in new technology and recruiting the right people, to strengthen our market position.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven cleaning supervisor to support our onsite Contracts Manager) in delivering “Best Standards” at our partner’s scheme, The Broad Street Mall. This is a shopping centre that prides itself with being at the heart of the community and takes pride in employing from the local community. It boasts great shops and venues for eating out, with all public amenities. The centre has a host of exiting plans, including major building development that will drive the centre’s position within the town going forward. This is an opportunity for someone to join the centre and help shape it’s long-term future at the heart of Reading.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous supervisory experience with the ability to engage with, motivate and train staff. You will need a “jump in and clean when needed ” attitude with a personality to fit in with our existing committed team. This is a great opportunity to make the role your own and help shape the future of both the shopping centre and company.
If you have the ability to contribute to our team and want to help promote both the clients and our values, want to further your development learn and progress your career then we would love to hear from you.
· All round cleaning experience
· Able to work as part of a team
· Able to communicate effectively to the clients, colleagues, management team and members of the public.
· Good Knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH
· Able to use basic technology to complete site audits
· Ensure both the Client and Company’s Health and Safety and Environmental Policies are adhered to
· Maintain cleaning cupboards, ensuring they are stocked and clean
· Complete any reporting forms and paperwork as required
· Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your workplace, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; hygiene; working safely; COSHH.
· Report and take necessary action for any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities
· To deal with any complaints / issues from customers immediately and report directly to your manager.
· To be flexible to work additional hours in order to cover holiday and sickness within the team
Act as the deputy to the contracts Manager(?), filling in for them for holidays or as required.
· Have the right to work in the UK
· Have a good understanding of written and spoken English due to health and Safety on sites
· A uniform will be provided which must be worn with care being clean and ironed at all times
Working Hours for a Cleaning Supervisor:
- Tuesday to Saturday
- Hours to be confirmed as per site roster
- Weekend availability -
· Holiday Entitlement 20 days + 8 B/H (pro rata)
· Online GP 24/7 advice
· Uniform provided including footwear
. Mobile Telephone
. Pension scheme
· Full training suite inclusive of our passport to success
. Reward & Recognition schemes
Location: 203, Broad Street, reading Berkshire, RG1 7QE
Salary Details: Annual Salary £25,000 with potential Overtime.